The Innovation and Quality and Strategy and Management Group ensures teaching in three Bachelor study programmes (Business Administration, Human Resource Management and Business Analyst) and one follow-up Master SP Business Administration accredited at the Faculty of Corporate Strategy. The core syllabus involves Business Management (the main subject at the Department of Management), Business Process Management, Innovation Management, Quality Management, Change Management, Economic Theories and Business Management, Corporate Risk Analysis, Managerial Skills – Practices, Project Management, Corporate Project Management, Crisis Management for Master studies, including Innovation Management taught in English. These subjects provide students with basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills to graduate from the suggested study programmes.
Our research and development activities assess the quality and innovation as contributors to increasing the added value in business processes, using process decomposition and analysing quality parameters. Currently, we are running research projects under the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic, the TREND Programme (‘Optimisation of real-time custom-made piece production using IoT and digital technologies’ planned by VUSTE-APIS, s.r.o. and supported by STS Prachatice a.s..) and Doprava 2020+ programme (‘Methodology for company and school mobility plans’ run by ITB in České Budějovice, i.e. the Faculty of Technology, Faculty of Corporate Strategy and School of Expertness and Valuation). We have recently successfully carried out ÉTA Programme projects (‘Digital transformation for innovating business models in small and medium-sized enterprises in the Czech Republic’ in cooperation with the project leader VUT Brno, Faculty of Business and Management) and Restart MSP (SME) Programme (‘Impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on SME and factors behind successfully overcoming the crisis, categorising development plans by the type of impact and SME category’, jointly carried out by ITB, Research Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation registered institution and the Czech Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic). On top of research projects, we collaborate on an Interreg V-funded programme – Supporting modern teaching trends and best practices, and an ESF II-funded project innovating four Bachelor and two Master study programmes. We explore issues in the quality of business processes and innovations in different economic cycles.
Our primary goals involve ensuring a quality teaching process in all subjects guaranteed by our academic workers, participation in applied research projects, innovation vouchers and contracted research projects. We also do research activities, keenly discussing our findings in lessons. On top of that, our Group seeks and encourages international cooperation in teaching and research activities.
|Research aim: Innovation process as a tool of increasing corporate qualitative parameters.|
Bachelor programmes (Bc.) – Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Business Analyst
- Business Management
- Process Management
- Managerial skills – practices
- Innovation Management
- Change Management
- Economic Theories and Process Management
- Corporate Risk Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
Follow-up Master Programmes (Ing.) – Business Administration
- Crisis Management for Master Studies
- Business Project Management
- Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Management, doc. Šimberová – research projects
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Management
- South Bohemian Science and Technology Park, a.s. – collaboration in research projects
- STS Prachatice, a.s. – research projects, establishing an external research centre
- VUSTE-APIS, s.r.o. – research projects
- Jihostroj Velešín, a.s. – collaboration in research projects
- VISCOFAN CZ, s.r.o.
- Holistic management, s.r.o.
- ISAL, Madeira – ERASMUS, cooperation in publishing and research activities
- INVESTIGAÇÃO & DESENVOLVIMENTO UNIPESSOAL LDACâmara de Lobos, Madeira
- Hogeschool Rotterdam
- Sahos a.s.
- Association of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Crafts CZ
- The parametrization of qualitative indicators of business processes in a given company regarding their costs and added value for customers to innovate the company’s business model
The main idea is to conduct temporal, cost, spatial and personal analysis of separated operations, including maintaining prescribed standards in the company. The study will allow for corporate portfolio analysis, an analysis of the competitive environment, and the company’s current and prospective position in the market, reflecting customer needs for products or services. We aim to propose innovation of business models.
- Devising a company’s process map, including practical measures to increase effectiveness and operability
- Conducting a risk analysis, including risk categorization and elimination
- Considering the current company’s portfolio to increase competitiveness and the market share
- Considering business architecture, reflecting new market an economy trends (organization and management, business and managerial competences, business environment analysis etc.)
- Innovating the management and organizational structures
- Internal research competition at ITB:
Monitoring the quality of services and innovation processes within the sharing economy
- TA ČR Trend Programme::
Optimizing the real-time management of custom-made production using IoT and digital technologies.
- TA ČR Transport 2022+:
The project goal is the preparation of certified methodologies for corporate and school mobility plans to create sustainable urban mobility plans (SUMP). The methods serve as a practical guide to solving one of the limiting issues to the development and sustainability of urban agglomerations. Part of the project is the projection of direct analytical tools implemented in the methodologies used by the target groups in transport policy in the municipality-school facilities and municipality-economic entities relations to increase urban mobility sustainability. The proposed techniques will emphasize the socio-economic, urban, environmental, and other factors behind sustainable urban development.
- Innovation Voucher Project – VI/MPO-RIS3:
Optimizing processes and services to increase effectiveness and reduce corporate costs. CZ.01.1.02/0.0/0.0/20_358/0028050. In cooperation with VM Motor s.r.o. Implementation period: 12.2022-01.2023.
- Digital firm and Digital Factory in Industry 4.0
The main idea is to devise a practical model of a digital company based on business processes, including the Digital Factory Education model for students to explore business, production, economic organizational etc. corporate elements.
- Effective project management for practice
The main idea is to create a complex educational system for project management university students to gain knowledge and experience in project management in the current cut-throat competitive environment.
- The role of technologies and innovations in modern management systems in the methods of strategic management of small and medium-sized companies
The main idea is to develop dashboards for effective corporate management based on the Excellence Model quality monitoring, including strategic management findings and methods.
- Applying DIGITAL PROCESS MANAGEMENT to corporate management
The main idea is to breed a new type of teacher familiar with an original education concept based on STEM+ and SHUV, producing university students with a new professional specialization.