It is necessary to apply for long-stay visa if the supposed length of study in the Czech Republic is more than 3 months, in case of studying at secondary or higher education institution that is not in the form of exchange study programme or professional paid work experience for students (in other cases defined in Article 64 of the Act on the stay of aliens in the Czech Republic, it is necessary to apply for a long-term residence permit as defined in Article 42d of the Act on the stay of aliens in the Czech Republic).
For a long-stay visa application please submit the following:
- travel document(original),
- 2 photos, if the visual recording is not made,
- proof of accommodation during the stay ,
- proof of admission to study,
- adequate sum of money for the stay,
- parental consent.
- a document corresponding to the extract from the criminal records, issued by the state which the alien is a citizen of, as well as the states where they have been resident for a continuous period longer than 6 months in the last 3 years, or an affidavit in case the state does not issue such a document (this does not apply to foreigners under 15).
- a document confirming the fulfilment of the requirements preventing the introduction of an infectious disease.
After obtaining a positive reply to the application, the applicants are required to submit a proof of travel medical insurance to the Czech embassy before the visa has been issued. The insurance must comply with the required conditions (not required if the alien has a public health insurance or if the health care is covered by an international agreement or if the alien proves that the healt care is paid in a different way), and upon request, a proof of payment of the premium stated in the travel health insurance document.
According to The Act on the stay of aliens, the time limit for the response to the application is 60 days counted from the date of submitting the application.
The details and attachments of the application must not be older than 180 days, except for the travel document and the photo, if it corresponds to the actual appearance.
Long-stay visa for the purposes of study are issued for the period for which the student cerificate is issued, but not longer than for 1 year.
If you will have any problem or question regarding obtaining visas continue here .
On this portal you will find all the information about the migration and integration of foreigners in the Czech Republic, particularly the information conditions of entry and residence in the Czech Republic.
In Russian Ing. Anna Shirokova email@example.com
In English Ing. Renata Ulbrichtová firstname.lastname@example.org
In English Bc. Lýdie Šarinová, MBA email@example.com
In English Klára Pitelková firstname.lastname@example.org
For Erasmus students – email@example.com