The Language of Instruction
The language skills required for different mobility types are communicated individually at the tender announcement.
The official language of the Czech Republic is Czech Knowledge of English is not sufficiently widespread among the Czech population. For this reason, the incoming students are offered free courses in Czech language for 6 ECTS and they are provided with necessary assistance.
Before the Erasmus Mobility Period, those incoming students are encouraged to attend a Czech course. To find a proper course, please visit platform Study in CZ https://www.studyin.cz/plan-your-studies/language-preparation/.
An ITB ESN Buddy mentor is available for each incoming student to provide help in situations that require knowledge of Czech language. Students may also contact the Coordinator of Foreign Relations.
In the course “Czech language for Foreigners” (6 ECTS), students are made familiar with basic useful Czech phrases.
This course is prepared especially for foreign students. The aim of this course is to help students reach the A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. After the completion of the course, the students:
– can understand basic phrases which are needed for everyday communication and can use these expressions and phrases
– can introduce themselves and other people and ask simple questions concerning well-known places, people and things and react to such questions
– can read simple texts (notices, signs, etc.)
– can write short simple texts in Czech language (a holiday postcard, fill in a simple form, etc.)
– are familiar with culture and everyday life in the Czech Republic
– are aware of cultural differences between their native country and the Czech Republic
for more information about this course, please visit: the following link