The application process for Student Mobility Programmes at the Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice for the fall semester of the academic year 2020/2021 has started!
Fall semester 2020/2021 lasts from 5 October 2020 till 14 February 2021 (including the exam period term).
The application process will last till 30 June 2020 (for VISA applicants, it is recommended to apply as soon as possible).
EU citizens (or citizens of Schengen Area) do not need a visa or a permit to study in the Czech Republic. They only need a valid passport or another equivalent ID.
Non EU-citizens are strongly advised to contact us as soon as possible so that we can provide them with the VISA support documents before the deadline. Please, keep in mind that the Czech embassies and consulates reserve up to 2 months (60 days) to process the VISA. You also need to make an appointment at the appropriate Czech Embassy or Czech Consulate in advance; waiting time can be about 1-2 months. We have to stress that our Institution is not able to affect the process of issuing your VISA.
For more information about the long-term residence VISA see our brief guide through VISA process (http://www.vstecb.cz/en/visa/) or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. (https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/long_stay_visa/study_long_term.html externí)
1) Application form (to be filled out electronically)
- Erasmus+ students will apply via our online mobility system. A link will be sent to their email address.
- For non-Erasmus+ students and freemovers: application form
2) Transcript of records from your University
3) The Copy of your passport (EU members can send a copy of their ID card)
4) Learning agreement
- Erasmus+ students: Learning agreement
- For non-Erasmus+ students and freemovers: Learning agreement
- Please note that it is necessary to take exactly 30 ECTS credits per semester (for the courses see the Course catalogue – Building Construction, Course catalogue – Business Administration or Course catalogue – Logistics Technologies Master degree level). Please do not select subjects from another studying fields.
5) Copy of health insurance certificate
a) EU citizens are obliged to send a copy of their EHIC card. However, it is strongly recommended to buy a commercial insurance as the EHIC does not cover all necessities.
b) Non EU citizens are obliged to either send a copy of their 111 form, for example TR/CZ 111 for Turkey OR buy one of the insurance products from the Czech insurance company. The best option is to buy Foreigners´ Comprehensive Medical Insurance, similar to public health insurance in the Czech Republic, but is restricted to the agreed indemnity limits. A six-month comprehensive medical insurance will cost you 4700 CZK + 75 CZK/ per month for the Schengen countries. Please, contact the International Relations Coordinator and ask for the link to buy Foreigners´ Comprehensive Medical Insurance at a reduced price.
6) If you want to live in our school dormitory, please fill out and send the Housing reservation form. The price is 2840 CZK (about 110 EUR) a month and it is necessary to pay a refundable deposit of 5680 CZK (about 230 EUR) at check-in.
Contact us if you wish to stay at one of our partner dormitories (off-campus dorms). The capacity of our on-campus dorms is limited.
For non-Erasmus+ students and freemovers:
Once filled out, please send the required documents to